Friday, February 29, 2008
TGIM!!!!
So, my need for a "mental health day" turned into a need for a "mental health month!" February has kicked my booty around here, mostly because of how sick I am of being cooped up. The cabin fever is pretty bad. Yesterday however, when I went out to run errands with Alyssa and Sadie, the freezing cold air had a spring feel to it. Today we even managed to play out in the yard for about an hour. So, now I am very grateful that February 2008 has ended and I am hopefully a better person at the end of it, and March is here! I have the coolest 4 kids in the whole universe and I'm having so much fun playing with them. Abby has a container of rice that she is playing in right now (burying little toys and digging and what not), Walker is painting with banana pudding on a cookie sheet, Alyssa and I found a board in the back yard and brought it inside to play "balance beam" today, and Sadie is trying to crawl and climb everywhere! Yesterday she made it all the way upstairs with Mark watching her the whole way. We've got the gates up, but she just continues to explore our house and find new places to discover each day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yeah!! Glad you are back! We missed you! :) I hope things get a bit better weather-wise! I can't imagine being cooped up in the house! Sounds like you get really creative!
Super-mom of the month! I'm glad you're feeling and sounding better. I can't believe all the things youc ome up with to do with the kids! next you can try the white crayon trick ;)
Your family is soo cute. I am glad that Feb is over too! aaron loves the rice. he still asks me everyday if we can play "the game." You are such an awesome mom!
I totally understand about being all cooped up for the winter...when will it end?! At least you have found some fun things for the kiddos to do inside. A fun game my girls like to play (they made it up themselves this winter) is "Find the Hanger". Not sure how it came about, but they seem to know all the rules and then some. How fun, finger painting w/ pudding. I think I would probably just eat it all!
Post a Comment